Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ace Hart Weekly Rankings 5/8/2011

Hey everyone, welcome to my first weekly rankings of the WWE Superstars. First allow me to introduce myself: My name is Ace Hart. I haven’t been writing for very long, but my twin brother and I are officially launching our blog today. You're actually currently reading it, so enjoy TwinTalkWrestling. Alright, on to the article. It’s a pretty straightforward process. We’re just recapping the last week of the WWE shows and seeing what 5 Superstars came out on top and which ones are stinking the joint up. So without further ado, here we go.
-

The “Awesome” Five

-

1. John Cena
-
I know, I know, feel free to hate me in the comments below, but the guy did just win the WWE title. (You’ll notice in my rankings that championships tend to take precedent, especially the major ones.) Cena, John Morrison and Miz (more on him later) put on a heck of a match at Extreme Rules and after some shenanigans, Cena was able to escape with his tenth World Title. On top of that Cena now has a red hot feud going with the most electrifying man in sports entertainment and a guaranteed main event already lined up for Wrestlemania 28. You know, that little PPV scheduled for 11 MONTHS FROM NOW!! I know that Cena has a lot of haters out there and probably rightfully so for the way that he’s booked, but you can’t deny that the Champ is looking strong for the foreseeable future.
-
2. Randy Orton
-
Only 3 paragraphs in and I’ve probably upset everyone already. Just hear me out. The guy just won a 3 month long feud with one of the best workers in the company. Then he gets moved to Smackdown to essentially be the entire face of that brand. 2 days after his Extreme Rules victory, he wins the World Heavyweight Championship. While there’s definitely a lot of animosity there from the WWE Universe and the IWC, you can’t take that victory away from him. Plus him and Christian put on what I consider to be the greatest non-gimmick match so far in 2011. There’s gonna be plenty of fallout from that match, but Randy Orton is on top of the WWE, yet again.
-
3. R-Truth
-
I have literally gotten chills so far watching R-Truth change his career path overnight. 4 weeks ago, he was destined to be a lifetime mid-card face, which by the way is a fantastic way to make a living. Then something snapped. His recent acts of aggression combined with his fantastic and unexpected mic skills have turned Truth into someone that is a believable future World Champion. I am hoping and praying WWE capitalizes on the opportunity they have with Truth and doesn’t just toss him aside after a half-hearted Morrison-Truth feud. They need to feed the fire as much as possible and capture this lightning in a bottle. I hope this brings both men to new heights in their careers. Your move Vince…
-
4. Kharma
-
There’s not much I can say about this behemoth of a “Diva” that hasn’t already been said. I’m not much of a TNA fan, but I’ve heard enough about Awesome Kong to be excited about this woman to hopefully bring some respectability back to the very weak and buried Diva division. The build to her has been fantastic and I’m very excited to see her in her debut match.
-
5. Kofi Kingston
-
I told you I like to mention new champions. While he’s not necessarily running rampant on the WWE right now, Kingston and Sheamus put on a very respectable match at Extreme Rules and he’s got the title around his waist for the time being, until they find another heel they want to push.
-
-

The “Rock Bottom” Five

-
-
1. The Miz
-
Let’s get one thing straight, first off, Miz has a very promising future ahead of him, and he just had one the longest reigns of the WWE Championship in recent history, but these are weekly rankings and the guy just lost to John Cena and almost had his neck broken by a botched double suplex off the top of a cage at Extreme Rules. Then the following night, his rematch clause storyline is rushed into the middle of the card, and although him and Cena had a good match, you can tell they’re ready to move onto Cena’s next opponent (rumored to be Alberto Del Rio). It’s been a rough week wrestling wise for the Miz and I think all we can hope for is that in the weeks that follow he isn’t mishandled by WWE the same way Jack Swagger and Sheamus were after their title reigns.
-
2. Christian
-
And yet another reason to hate me. Trust me, I totally marked out at Extreme Rules when Christian grabbed that World Heavyweight Championship and celebrated with his best friend Edge. I was just as excited as you all were to see Christian’s title reign continue into the foreseeable future, and I was just as crushed as all of you when that house of cards came tumbling down on Friday(Tuesday) night Smackdown. Having said all of that… He still lost the World title. I’m really hoping that it’s part of a bigger storyline like Chris Jericho recently tweeted on his twitter, but until then, he belongs on the bottom 5. I’m sorry. Commence hateful comments.
-
3. Mark Henry
-
Did you guys know that Mr. Koolaid turned heel recently? Oh, what’s that? You guys don’t care? Fair enough.
-
4. WWE Divas
-
Maybe, in the maybe not so soon future, the Divas will sneak into the top 5, but until then: “Attention All Divas, be prepared to be buried under a mountain of Kharma”. And rightfully so. These women have been unable to carry the division for quite a while now and now they must all suffer while Kharma receives her giant (get it? GIANT? Classic…) push.
-
5. Michael Cole
-
Time for a mini-rant. There are few things that have gotten me upset over the past few months as much as Michael Cole’s heel push. I understand that Vince sees Cole as a young version of himself, and I can even comprehend the idea that the fans love to hate an authority figure of some kind. I get all that. What I don’t even begin to grasp is why he has to interfere with the matches themselves with his ridiculous back and forth with the other commentators? I love sports. Have my entire life. One of my favorite things about sports is good announcers. They bring alive the game or event to me like something I’ve never experienced before and they take my breath away in important moments. What WWE has allowed Cole to do in the last few months has been inexcusable. He is ruining what would otherwise be great moments with his over the top jackassery and bickering. I pray that is righted very soon, otherwise my brain may explode during a Daniel Bryan match on Smackdown. Did you know that Cole thinks he’s a nerd? Yeah, we don’t care anymore. Thank you everyone for allowing my rant.
-
Like my list? Hate my list? Have different ideas about your top 5 or bottom 5? Let’s talk about it in the comments below, that’s part of the fun! Also tune in next week to see who’s hot and who’s Vickie Guerrero.

No comments:

Post a Comment